April 24, 2017
Free for release on April 24, 2017 at 10.15am (CEST +1)
Bittium exhibits its innovative IoT design and R&D services; and the new SafeMove® Zone solution at Hannover Messe 2017 industrial fair
Bittium launches SafeMove® Zone solution, which is designed to improve the safety of lone and remote workers
Oulu, Finland, April 24, 2017 – Bittium exhibits its innovative IoT (Internet of Things) design and R&D services; and the new SafeMove® Zone worker protection solution at Hannover Messe 2017, to be held in Hannover, Germany on April 24–28, 2017. Bittium SafeMove® Zone solution helps organizations improve the safety of their lone and remote workers by monitoring their location and vital signs in real-time with the help of various sensors.
The Bittium SafeMove® Zone solution features include location tracking; geofencing; emergency button and acknowledgment requests and confirmations. The real-time situational view is displayed on a map-based user interface in the command and control center. The solution is initially available for Android devices and can be complemented with wearable devices for additional sensor data.
Bittium will also exhibit “Bittium wearable platform for health monitoring” targeted for preventive healthcare; and secure and durable Bittium Tough Mobile™ LTE smart phone with the related Bittium Secure Suite™ device management and encryption software.
Products and services presented at the event:
- R&D services: Bittium provides innovative design and development services to customers who demand the development of customized, purpose-built IoT devices according to industry-specific requirements. Bittium has strong expertise on system design, technology integration, wireless radio and antenna technologies, and power optimized, small form-factor device development. Bittium’s competitiveness on these markets is based on strong technology and data security expertise, and on an established reputation for reliability and quality.
- Bittium SafeMove® Zone is an application and background software solution designed for Android devices to improve the safety of lone and remote workers. Its features include location tracking; geofencing; emergency button and acknowledgment requests and confirmations. The device management and analytics tools enable the secure collection, transfer and analysis of sensor based data. The solution can be complemented with a wearable device for additional sensor support. Development of the Bittium SafeMove® Zone solution was initially started in the EIT Digital’s innovation project called “Advanced Connectivity Platform for Vertical Segments”.
- Bittium wearable platform for health monitoring is a wearable device platform integrated with four sensors: 3-axis accelerometer, Optical Heart Rate (OHR), skin temperature and EmoGraphy skin conductance sensor. These sensors allow the measurement of person’s stress level, fatigue and sleeping quality. The wearable platform provides an easy way to develop and test new healthcare and well-being specific products and services such as patient monitoring or lone workers applications.
- Bittium Tough Mobile is a secure and durable Android-based LTE smartphone combining the latest information security and commercial device technologies. Bittium Tough Mobile incorporates a hardware-based security platform, which enables strong device security as well as deep integration of both customers' own and third party software security solutions.
- Bittium Secure Suite is a device management and encryption software product that complements the Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone with a scalable set of new software services for remote management, remote attestation and securing the network connections of the device. Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone and Bittium Secure Suite form a unique, complete, reliable system for processing and transferring sensitive and classified material and securing critical communication.
Bittium’s products and solutions are exhibited at Team Finland’s stand D10 in hall 16.
Further information about Bittium’s products and services can be found on our web site at: www.bittium.com
Senior Vice President, Connectivity Solutions & Head of Technology Development
Tel. +358 (0)40 3443507
Bittium specializes in the development of reliable, secure communications and connectivity solutions, drawing on its 30 year legacy of expertise in advanced radio communication technologies. Bittium provides innovative products and customized solutions based on its product platforms and R&D services. Complementing its communications and connectivity solutions, Bittium offers proven information security solutions for mobile devices and portable computers. Starting from November 10th, Bittium also offers healthcare technology products and services in biosignal measuring in cardiology, neurology, rehabilitation, occupational health and sports medicine. Net sales in 2016 were EUR 64.2 million, and operating profit was EUR 2.5 million. Bittium is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Exchange. www.bittium.com