Decisions of Bittium Corporation´s Annual General Meeting
- The Annual General Meeting approved the annual accounts and the consolidated financial statements for the year 2022, discharged the company´s members of the Board of Directors and the CEO from liability for the financial year ended December 31, 2022, and gave an advisory resolution on the approval of the remuneration report for governing bodies. The Annual General Meeting supported all the proposals of the Board of Directors and the three largest shareholders, in accordance with the notice to the Meeting.
- In accordance with the proposal of the Board of Directors, the Annual General Meeting decided that, based on the balance sheet for the financial year January 1, 2022 December 31, 2022, a dividend of EUR 0.05 per share will be distributed. The dividend will be paid to a shareholder who, on the record date for the dividend payment, April 14, 2023, is registered in the company´s shareholders´ register maintained by Euroclear Finland Ltd. The dividend will be paid on April 21, 2023. All the shares in the company are entitled to the dividend, except for own shares possibly held by the company on the dividend record date.
- The Annual General Meeting decided that the Board of Directors shall comprise five (5) members. Mr. Erkki Veikkolainen, Ms. Riitta Tiuraniemi, Mr. Veli-Pekka Paloranta, Mr. Petri Toljamo, and Mr. Pekka Kemppainen were re-elected as members of the Board of Directors for a term of office expiring at the end of the next Annual General Meeting.
- At its organizing meeting held on April 12, 2023, the Board of Directors elected Mr. Erkki Veikkolainen as the Chairman of the Board of Directors. Further, the Board of Directors resolved that it will continue to have an Audit Committee. Ms. Riitta Tiuraniemi (Chairman of the Committee), Mr. Petri Toljamo, and Mr. Veli-Pekka Paloranta were elected as members of the Audit Committee.
- The Annual General Meeting resolved that the following monthly remuneration will be paid to the members of the Board of Directors: to the Chairman of the Board of Directors EUR 3,150 and to the other members of the Board of Directors EUR 1,800 each. In addition, the members of the Board of Directors are entitled to a fee for attending Board meetings as follows: Chairman of the Board EUR 875 per meeting and other members of the Board of Directors EUR 500 per meeting. In addition, the members of the Board of Directors are entitled to a fee for attending the meetings of the Board committees as follows: the Chairman of the Committee EUR 600 per meeting and the other members of the Committee EUR 400 per meeting. Travel expenses of the members of the Board of Directors shall be reimbursed in accordance with the company´s travel policy.
50 percent of the total monthly remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors will be paid in a single instalment in Bittium Corporation´s shares to be purchased at a price formed in public trading or through a share issue or in special circumstances, if for some reason the remuneration cannot be paid in shares, entirely in cash. The shares will be acquired according to the share purchase program of the company. A member of the Board of Directors may not transfer the shares received as remuneration before his/her membership in the Board of Directors has ended.
- Ernst & Young Oy, authorized public accountants, was re-elected auditor of the company for a term of office ending at the end of the next Annual General Meeting. Ernst & Young Oy has notified that Mr. Jari Karppinen, APA, will act as the principal auditor. It was decided that the remuneration to the auditor shall be paid against the auditor´s reasonable invoice.
- The General Meeting authorized the Board of Directors to decide on the repurchase of the company´s own shares.
- The General Meeting authorized the Board of Directors to decide on the issuance of shares and special rights entitling to shares referred to in Chapter 10 Section 1 of the Finnish Companies Act.
Read more: Decisions of Bittium Corporation's Annual General Meeting 2023 (stock exchange release, April 12, 2023)