Security & Reliability for Tactical Communications
In tactical communications with Bittium's Software Defined Radio (SDR) products and systems, including Bittium Tactical Wireless IP Network™ (TAC WIN) and Bittium Tough SDR™ tactical radios, the waveforms are at the core of the high-level data performance, security and reliability of the network.
Bittium's expertise in waveform development stems from long-term research and experience in radio technology, as well as cooperation with the Finnish Defence Forces, universities, research laboratories and industry since the 1990s.
Currently Bittium's waveform portfolio includes the following:
- Bittium TAC WIN Waveform™
- Bittium Narrowband Waveform™
In addition to Bittium's proprietary waveforms, Bittium is a National Champion in the ESSOR program.
- The aim of the ESSOR program is to develop the European Software Defined Radio technology in order to improve the capabilities for cooperation in coalition operations.
- In addition to the ESSOR High Data Rate Waveform (ESSOR HDRWF), the first phase of the program produced and validated the definition for the European Software Defined Radio Architecture which was ported and qualified on six different European platforms.
- The ESSOR OC1 phase aims to enhance the operational capabilities of the ESSOR HDRWF in order to meet the most demanding requirements of the battlefield with secure, high capacity land tactical communications.