March 25, 2019
Free for release on March 25, 2019 at 3.45pm (CET +1)
Bittium showcases a new version of the Bittium SafeMove® software at Digital Health Rewired exhibition in London
The new version brings important new features to support cyber resilient field operations under disruptions and to optimize the mobile working experience.
Oulu, Finland, March 25, 2019 – Bittium showcases a new version of the Bittium SafeMove® secure connectivity software at Digital Health Rewired on March 26 in London, United Kingdom. Digital Health Rewired is the new two-day conference and one-day exhibition in London Olympia connecting health IT leaders with the latest digital health innovations.
The new Bittium SafeMove® 11 version brings important new features to support cyber resilient field operations under disruptions and to optimize the mobile working experience. Administrators of mobile workforce are provided with additional tools for secure enterprise mobility management and for quickly discovering and remediating issues in mobile performance.
The New Features:
- One of the important updates is the new and efficient WAN optimization method that reduces the required bandwidth especially on the narrowband connections. This greatly improves the usability of applications for example in rural areas, where LTE coverage might be spotty or entirely missing. This benefits the mission and business critical users of SafeMove in public safety, community nursing, utilities and in other field services. By combining the new optimization method with the automatic context aware policy control, users will benefit from this and other SafeMove’s advanced features transparently, as the policy adjusts to the available link conditions. In addition, devices with SafeMove clients can automatically discover backup servers in case the primary server or data center becomes unavailable due to a cyber-attack or other disruptions.
- The Android user interface and look and feel have been completely re-designed to cater for end-users who depend on reliable and secure mobile communications. With the new Android user interface, SafeMove® users can now enjoy a consistent user experience across different mobile platforms.
- As usual, a number of workflow improvements have been introduced in SafeMove® Manager’s web-based secure mobility management console. For example, new device management parameters are now available for managing Android for Work containers and kiosk mode in single use devices through the SafeMove® Manager management console. In addition, SafeMove® Analytics and Zone features can now be integrated into the SafeMove® Manager user interface, making it a versatile operational tool for actionable mobile cyber security information.
- The update also comes with new version of SafeMove® Mobile Router Toolkit software stack for OEMs. SafeMove® Mobile Router Toolkit introduces additional SD-WAN capabilities to be integrated into multichannel routers with multiple bearers. Flexible prioritization and bonding of multiple bearers ensures uninterrupted connectivity in mission-critical applications increasingly used in public safety and other vehicular use cases.
Bittium SafeMove® 11 is immediately available to maintenance customers.
Products and solutions exhibited at the event are:
- Bittium SafeMove® Mobile VPN software enables the use of all IP based applications and networks by securing the connections between the mobile device and corporate services immediately upon device startup. As an example, with Bittium SafeMove®, home care workers can now have full access to the same systems and applications they would have on a hospital desktop, when mobile, enabling secure and real-time access to patient records at the point of care.
- Bittium SafeMove® Analytics is an advanced monitoring and reporting module that helps organizations to monitor network connectivity and performance to improve productivity and user experience. The Analytics tool continuously gathers connectivity data such as connectivity status, speed, throughput and bytes transferred, network type and Wi-Fi network information. In addition, the security features of the software can immediately report possible security deviations in the mobile devices used by employees. This makes it possible to react to cyber threats without delays, e.g. by blocking the device which reported the deviation from the corporate network during the investigation.
- Bittium SafeMove® Zone Health solution is designed to help healthcare organizations to efficiently monitor patients outside the hospital environment. It provides a two-way communication between the nurses and the patients, allowing patients to raise alert through the Zone app and nurses to request acknowledgement from patients after detected cardiac arrhythmia, for example.
Bittium’s products and solutions are exhibited at stand B24.
More information about Bittium SafeMove solutions is available on our website at https://www.bittium.com/secure-communications-connectivity/secure-remote-access-for-care-workers .
Head of Bittium SafeMove solutions
Tel. +358 (0)40 3443507
Bittium - SafeMove® Solutions
Bittium is a trusted Finnish company with over 30 years of experience in advanced radio communication technologies and biosignal processing. As a pioneer in remote access solutions, Bittium provides easy-to-use SafeMove® software solutions to deliver highly secure and seamless connectivity to mobile workers regardless of time, place or network. SafeMove® product portfolio has been designed for outstanding performance even in the most challenging network conditions. It is widely used in demanding environments, such as public safety, healthcare, utilities and defense forces. Net sales in 2018 were EUR 62.8 million and operating profit was EUR 2.8 million. Bittium is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Exchange. www.bittium.com