March 02, 2017
Free for release on March 2, 2017 at 10.00am (CET +1)
Bittium exhibits its innovative IoT design and R&D services; and Medical Technology products at Wearable Technology Show 2017 in London
Bittium’s presentation discusses about utilizing wearable sensors in healthcare & well-being
Oulu, Finland, March 2, 2017 – Bittium exhibits its innovative IoT (Internet of Things) design and R&D services; and Medical Technology products at Wearable Technology Show 2017, to be held in ExCel, London, the United Kingdom on March 7–8, 2017. The products and solutions being exhibited are Bittium wearable platform for health monitoring targeted for preventive healthcare; Bittium SafeMove OEM Toolkit software package to be integrated in IoT and M2M (Machine-to-Machine) solutions; secure Bittium Tough Mobile LTE smart phone; Faros product family focused on remote heart monitoring; as well as compact EEG device Brainstatus for measuring electrical activity of the brain.
At the event Bittium has a speaking slot in the healthcare track: "Utilizing wearable sensors in healthcare & well-being". The presentation highlights the importance of mental well-being along with physical well-being. In addition, the presentation explains how these things can be measured and analyzed with sensors; and how data transfer to the cloud can be enhanced with new wireless technologies. The speaker is Martti Perälä, Sales Director of IoT Services. Bittium is also participating in a discussion panel about ”Future Innovations”. The panel of experts will look at which future innovations are key to improving and monitoring our health and overall wellbeing, and which future technologies will provide more efficient healthcare. Bittium’s panelist is Senior Specialist Martti Savolainen. In addition, Mikko Niemi, Product Manager of Bittium’s Connectivity area, will demonstrate the features of the Bittium wearable platform on the Live demo stage.
Timings for the presentations:
- Panel discussion: ”Future Innovations”, Health 2.0 Innovation Theatre, March 8 at 10.35–11.05 am., panelist Martti Savolainen
- Speaking slot: “Utilising wearable sensors in healthcare & well-being”, Healthcare 2.0 Innovation Stage, March 8 at 11.30–11.55 am., speaker Martti Perälä
- Live demo: Bittium wearable platform for health monitoring demonstration, Health Innovation Showcase Stage, March 8 at 2.15–2.25 pm., presenter Mikko Niemi
Products and services presented at the event:
- R&D services: Bittium provides innovative design and development services to customers who demand the development of customized, purpose-built IoT devices according to industry-specific requirements. Bittium has strong expertise on system design, technology integration, wireless radio and antenna technologies, and power optimized, small form-factor device development. Bittium’s competitiveness on these markets is based on strong technology and data security expertise, and on an established reputation for reliability and quality.
- Bittium wearable platform for health monitoring is a wearable device platform integrated with four sensors: 3-axis accelerometer, Optical Heart Rate (OHR), skin temperature and EmoGraphy skin conductance sensor. These sensors allow the measurement of person’s stress level, fatigue and sleeping quality. The wearable platform provides an easy way to develop and test new healthcare specific products and services such as remote patient monitoring or professional driving applications.
- Bittium Tough Mobile is a secure and durable Android-based LTE smartphone combining the latest information security and commercial device technologies. Bittium Tough Mobile incorporates a hardware-based security platform, which enables strong device security as well as deep integration of both customers' own and third party software security solutions.
- Bittium SafeMove OEM Toolkit is a software package designed for OEM customers. It consists of components which improve the reliability and security of data traffic; and a device management system and tools for data transfer and analytics. Bittium SafeMove OEM Toolkit allows our partners to securely, efficiently and quickly build products by integrating either all of the Toolkit software components, or by adopting them one by one. SafeMove OEM Toolkit can be utilized in industrial internet solutions, mobile computing and multichannel routing products, as well as with wearable smart devices. The Toolkit enables simple, automated, yet highly secure provisioning and device management which are key components of successful IoT and M2M solutions. It can also be used to secure IoT device data traffic and manage encryption keys. SafeMove Analytics enables the secure collection, transfer and analysis of device and sensor based data allowing visual tracking of the device fleet in real-time.
- Faros ECG Event and Faros ECG Mobile are software solutions for remote heart monitoring, where the cardiac arrhythmia identified by the detection algorithms embedded in the Faros device are quickly passed to professionals for examination. The solutions enable patients’ earlier repatriation and even better ability to react to potentially emerging arrhythmias faster.
- BrainStatus is a wireless compact EEG amplifier, which is used together with a disposable easy and quick to wear BrainStatus electrode headband for example to diagnose epileptic seizures and brain stroke. BrainStatus enables quick measurement in field conditions as well as in hospitals, thus making the treatment process of the patient faster.
Further information about Bittium’s products and services can be found on our web site at: www.bittium.com
Bittium’s products and solutions are exhibited at stand B70.
Vice President, Connectivity
Tel. +358 (0)40 3443507
Bittium specializes in the development of reliable, secure communications and connectivity solutions, drawing on its 30 year legacy of expertise in advanced radio communication technologies. Bittium provides innovative products and customized solutions based on its product platforms and R&D services. Complementing its communications and connectivity solutions, Bittium offers proven information security solutions for mobile devices and portable computers. Starting from November 10th, Bittium also offers healthcare technology products and services in biosignal measuring in cardiology, neurology, rehabilitation, occupational health and sports medicine. Net sales in 2016 were EUR 64.2 million, and operating profit was EUR 2.5 million. Bittium is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Exchange. www.bittium.com