November 01, 2018
Free for publication on November 1, 2018 at 13.30pm (CET +1)
Bittium exhibits waterproof Bittium Faros™ ECG device, Bittium FastFix™ patch electrode, cardiac analysis software, and products and solutions for neurology at Medica
Oulu, Finland, November 1, 2018 – Bittium exhibits its innovative products and solutions for cardiology and neurology at Medica 2018, the leading international trade fair for the medical sector, on November 12-15 in Dusseldorf, Germany. At the event Bittium exhibits the waterproof Bittium Faros™ ECG device, Bittium FastFix™ patch electrode for ECG measurement, Bittium Cardiac Navigator™ software meant for accurate analyzing of long-term Holter ECG recordings, Bittium Cardiac Explorer™ software for analyzing Cardiac event based ECG recording, Bittium Cardiac Rehabilitation System™ a real-time solution for cardiac rehabilitation monitoring, wireless Bittium BrainStatus™ EEG amplifier and electrode headband meant for real-time brain electrical activity monitoring, and Bittium NeurOne™ EEG/ERP system for brain electrical activity measurement.
The new waterproof Bittium Faros 180 and Bittium Faros 360 ECG devices together with the Bittium FastFix patch electrodes make the patient’s life easier during long-term (3-30 days) ECG recordings. Bittium Faros ECG device together with the Bittium FastFix patch electrode is meant for ECG measurement without any ECG cables. The chest-attachable patch electrode can be used for 3 to 7 days at a time, after which measurement can be continued by replacing the patch electrode with a new one. ECG recordings with the waterproof Bittium Faros ECG devices and Bittium FastFix patch electrodes enable the monitored person to be active, do sports and shower without having to remove the device and thus stop the recording. Bittium Faros ECG devices also work as wireless ECG transmitters with Bluetooth connectivity.
At the event Bittium also presents the comprehensive solution being developed in collaboration with Cerenion for monitoring the electrical activity of the brain (EEG) of intensive care patients. This is done by combining Bittium BrainStatus™, a wireless EEG-monitoring device designed for monitoring real-time electrical brain activity, with Cerenion’s innovative C-Trend analysis that helps to interpret the brain function of intensive care patients using a simple C-Trend Index, which is easy to follow. The purpose of the solution is to ease and speed up the work of the nursing staff at the intensive care unit.
Products and solutions exhibited at the event are:
- Bittium Faros is a versatile waterproof ECG device that is used for early detection of cardiac abnormalities in everyday life. Bittium Faros is ultra-small and lightweight, which enables precise long-term full disclosure ECG measurements for long-term Holtering, cardiac event monitoring, mobile cardiac telemetry and assessing autonomic nervous system functions.
Bittium Faros outpatient monitoring solutions include several software options for cardiac monitoring. The built-in arrhythmia detection algorithms of the Bittium Faros device are used for event recording and cardiac event monitoring. Bittium’s solutions enable earlier repatriation of patients and better ability to react to potentially emerging arrhythmias faster.
- Bittium Faros Cardiac Rehabilitation System is a solution for cardiac rehabilitation real-time monitoring for up to 16 patients simultaneously. The system offers safety and efficiency for cardiac rehabilitation by showing each patient’s heart rate changes in real-time during the exercise, ECG curve and changes in ST-segment. Utilization of the latest wireless technology allows complete freedom to choose different exercises in various training environments.
- Bittium Cardiac Navigator is a completely new type of solution for the analysis of clinical Holter ECG recordings. Its user-friendly and informative data presentation and intuitive analysis tools make the software efficient and easy to use when analyzing multiple days of ECG recordings. Bittium Cardiac Navigator is designed for scanning longer measurements efficiently in a shorter time and thus speeding up the final diagnosis.
- Bittium Cardiac Explorer offers a quick and flexible way of working with event-based ECG arrhythmia analysis. The biggest benefits of the software are having full disclosure ECG always available, full access to the events identified by the device, total control on the reporting content and the ability to analyze an unlimited amount of measurement data.
- Bittium BrainStatus is a wireless compact EEG amplifier, which is used together with a disposable easy and quick to wear Bittium BrainStatus electrode headband for example to diagnose epileptic seizures and brain stroke. Bittium BrainStatus enables quick measurement in field conditions as well as in hospitals, thus making the treatment process of the patient faster. Bittium BrainStatus can be used for wireless real-time remote EEG monitoring or data can be recorded to the device memory.
- Bittium BrainStatus with Cerenion C-Trend is the world’s first practical method for measuring the brain function of intensive care patients. C-Trend technology aims to reveal the status of the brain as one simple and easy to interpret score. Bittium BrainStatus measures and monitors the EEG signal and C-Trend interprets the signal to a simple score by using advanced machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence.
- Bittium NeurOne is one of the quickest and most accurate EEG measuring devices in the world designed for clinical and research use. Bittium NeurOne system enables fully synchronized group measuring of up to 30 persons simultaneously for example in different types of psychological studies. The solution is optimized for use with transcranial magnetic stimulators (TMS-EEG), with optional possibility to use it during magnetic resonance imaging procedures (fMRI-EEG).
Bittium’s products and solutions are exhibited at stand 9C15.
More information on the offering: https://www.bittium.com/products__services/medical
Senior Vice President, Medical Technologies
Tel. +358 40 344 3507
Bittium specializes in the development of reliable, secure communications and connectivity solutions, leveraging its 30 year legacy of expertise in advanced radio communication technologies. Bittium provides innovative products and services, customized solutions based on its product platforms and R&D services. Bittium also offers healthcare technology products and services for the measurement of and monitoring of biosignals in the areas of cardiology, neurology, rehabilitation, occupational health and sports medicine. Net sales in 2017 were EUR 51.6 million. Bittium is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. www.bittium.com